The International conference and Exhibition on the theme, “Women in Science and Technology: Towards Maximizing Science and Technology for National Development” will address a range of critically important themes relating to gender equality and gender empowerment in Nigeria and hopes to stimulate a positive country – level approach by presenting success stories from other countries such as India, China, USA and UK where significant progress in science and technology has been acknowledged worldwide
- To address the issues and challenges relating to the mainstreaming and advancement of Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields in Nigeria
- To learn from efforts taken by other countries in addressing obstacles and challenges facing women in STEM
- To share and exchange experiences amongst participants on best practices by women in scientific and technological fields/specialties
- To develop concrete, innovative strategies and models that can be shared by other Sub-Saharan African countries
- To show case role models of women in science and technology and their contribution to National Development
THEMES AND TOPICS
Under the over-arching frame of
- Enabling political, social and economic environment by the government;
- Providing broad based education and improving literacy level, specifically on STEM fields; and
- Recognizing the role of women in the transformation of societies and national development.
The International Conference and Exhibition will focus its deliberations on 5 main sub-themes:
- Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Women in Health and Wellbeing
- Women in Agriculture and Food Security
- Women in Environment and Sustainability
- Women in Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- The conference is expected to contribute to a better understanding of gender equality perspectives in designing, monitoring and implementing policies and to produce a set of recommendations for improving the visibility of women in scientific and technological development in Nigeria.
- The conference will popularize STEM among young girls in particular and the general public in general
- The conference will come up with blue print on actualizing Nigeria’s Science Technology and Innovation policy strategy
- The recommendations will be submitted to the Federal Government of Nigeria, United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) and other strategic partners for necessary follow up.
The conference will bring together senior and young representatives and experts from governments, international organisations, research organisations, academies of sciences, universities, organisations of women in science, engineering, medical, higher education institutions, research institutions and non-governmental women organisations.
The conference will feature keynote addresses, invited speakers, panels, round table discussions, oral presentations of 15 minutes each and discussions, poster session, social networking and exhibition. The presentations will address the status, the issues and problems and recommendations of the topics given. Papers presented will be assessed for publication in special editions of International Journals of Science and Technology.
DOWNLOAD HOTEL INFORMATION HERE